Start Your Journey
Work For Us
For two decades our client retention rate has remained high and our staff turnover low - which we believe reflects the quality of our people, the culture of our company and our willingness to go the extra mile for our clients. With offices in the City of London and Essex we provide a dynamic, challenging workplace that’s also friendly, comfortable, and fun. Plus, you’ll be operating in a state-of-the-art facility with world-class tools at your disposal, allowing you to achieve your full potential.
We’re always keen to hear from passionate and talented people who would like to join our team. If you wish to be part of our exciting and growing company, send us your CV.
Current available roles include:
Service Desk Analyst (1st Line Engineer)
This entry level role is an excellent opportunity for a young graduate or individual who is passionate about IT who may already have experience. You will have the opportunity to work in a culture that encourages and rewards individual talent and exceptional team spirit.
As part of a friendly and supportive team, you will report directly to the Service Desk 1st Line Team Leader. The position encompasses the delivery of 1st line remote support and triage services for all our contracted and non-contracted clients. This position requires clear communication, co-ordination, and time management to ensure clients expectations and contractual obligations are maintained.
The ability to work logically and maintain control whilst under pressure and make firm decisions based on common sense and judgement is paramount. As this is a technical position, having a broad technical knowledge of a range of business infrastructure and networks is required.
We have the right team to mentor, train and support you in your IT career. Everyone from apprentices to management help and support each other, we own problems together. If your talents and interests lie within the world of IT, begin your career journey at Utilize, we are the ideal fit.
Get in touch, we’d love to hear from you.
- Dealing with all allocated incidents in a timely, professional, and courteous manner either by phone or electronically
- Access and resolve client hardware and software issues
- Clearly communicate all courses of action with the client
- Full compliance with Service Desk procedures
- Highlight and escalate any incidents in line with internal escalation guidelines in a timely manner
- Utilize allocated personal development days to maintain your technical knowledge
- Carry out any other duties within the Service Desk as requested by the Service Desk 1st Line Team Leader
To be successful you will:
- Be qualified to GCSE standard in both Maths and English grade C or above
- Have experience in Customer Service or technical (software) Service Desk role
- Be a clear communicator, have good co-ordination and time management skills
- Have an excellent, professional phone manner
- Be fully conversant with all current Microsoft Windows platform technologies
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Remain calm under pressure
- Pride yourself on being a motivated self-starter with a passion to learn
- Operate as a team player
- Preferably have MSP experience (or 12 months internal IT support within a Service Desk environment)
- Possess experience of using an ITSM ticketing system
- Have experience of providing remote support via screen sharing software
- To be part of a successful business dedicated to delivering a first-class experience to our clients and employees
- The opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art, purpose-built office, designed by ‘our people’ for ‘our people’
- To become a valued member of a friendly supportive and dynamic team
- Fantastic career progression and training, with opportunities to upskill on servers, cloud technologies and networking
- Unlimited barista coffee and hot chocolate on tap
- Multiple “team outings” per year. We work hard and play hard!
- Dedicated 10 personal development days per annum
- Allocated 2 Community days per annum to give back to the local community
- Private healthcare package, from the start of your employment
- Death in Service benefit, from the start of your employment
- Competitive remuneration package