Ultimately, the value of a lost call depends on your business’s specific circumstances and priorities. Calculating an accurate value for lost sales depends on several factors, such as the nature of your business, the type of calls you typically receive, and the potential value of each call.
If your business relies heavily on phone calls for sales, customer service, or support, then a lost call could mean a missed opportunity to generate revenue or retain a customer. If for example your business missed just three calls each week, equating to 156 potential lost sales each year, the lost opportunities become apparent.
- In hospitality, 25% of calls get missed. With a restaurant meal for two people costing on average £74, this adds up to a lot of missed revenue.
- In recruitment, a sector which relies heavily on telephone engagement to capture new candidates and new employers, recruitment agencies are missing 21% of calls. Think of all that lost commission!
- In the motor trade, car dealerships miss 15% of calls. With the average car in the UK costing £38,000 that’s a lot of missed order revenue – and pull-through revenue from servicing, too.
- In the property sector, estate agency fees on a UK property sale average £4,025 – yet agents are missing 7% of inbound calls.
- For franchisees, the cost of a missed call can range between £400 and £43,600, depending on the services you provide.
Equally the reputational damage caused if you are unable to respond to existing customers’ needs in a timely and satisfactory manner, can be detrimental to ongoing and future revenue streams.
It’s therefore advisable to have a reliable phone system in place that can help you manage your calls effectively and minimize the chances of missing important calls. Onboarding a platform such as Akixi, allows you to view and track live call reporting, providing a real-time summary for your business.
One of the most impactful reports that Akixi offers is the ability to recapture all your lost callers by tracking them and your returned missed calls in a live view. The platform will provide a list of received calls over a selected period of time which is generated in a colour-coded system to help you navigate their status.
As demonstrated in the example above, missed calls will highlight in red so you can see what calls need actions placed against them. When a member of your team returns the call, or if the customer calls back and gets through, the row will turn green and eventually drop off the report. You can also use the built-in call controls to respond to missed calls directly from the report.
Why not talk to us today about how Akixi can ensure your business never misses another valuable call.
Want a more hands on approach with Akixi? Why not join our informative Akixi Webinar and discover more.Learn more about Akixi