Utilize: Disability Confident Committed
As part of our ‘People First’ initiative, we’re proud to announce that we have recently gained the accreditation of Disability Confident Committed marking the first steps on our path to becoming a full Disability Confident Employer.
I’m sure you share our vision for a society in which disabled people and those with health conditions can work in good jobs to fulfill their full potential. The fact that 83% of people will acquire a disability whilst in work probably indicates we are already working alongside colleagues who could maybe benefit from some extra help or support.
The Disability Confident scheme helps organisations like ours with the skills and confidence needed to recruit, retain and develop disabled people who bring commitment and energy to an organisation.
We intend on launching a series of Cloud Workshops showcasing the hidden and often untapped features within the Microsoft portfolio specifically designed to help people with accessibility problems.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer, we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate vacancies and offer interviews to disabled people
- Anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required
- Supporting any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition,
enabling them to stay in work
- Promoting at least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
Please look out for details of our forthcoming workshops and progress updates on our Disability Confident journey.View our Credibility