Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2019
Launched by wearable technology firm DuPont Advanced Materials, the Intexar technology has been incorporated into the shirt made in partnership with Twinery, the innovation arm of South Asian apparel manufacturer MAS, and Real Track Systems, a leader in outdoor and indoor performance monitoring and analysis.
The garment consists of:
- Cover Film – a protective layer shields technology from exposure
- Encapsulant – a thin, stretchable, and water-resistant layer
- Sensor – a thin layer of carbon or silver senses electrical signal
- Conductor – a layer of silver transmits electrical currents throughout
- Base Film – a stretchy Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) bonds seamlessly with any chosen fabric